Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hitting Bare-Bottom and Becoming A Bottom-Feeder

Today, my #7 "think. analyze and keep your thoughts to yourself " Personal Day...words do not come easy. Every-thing's on the rise including negativity. My belief system is based in "the key to the good life is an optimistic attitude." I wanna' get some of that going. Usually, not a problem. Just think "positive." Get down to bare-bottom and become a bottom-feeder. Easier said than done...

...with Wall Street criminal investigations increased from 36 to 43 in a month. Mortgage fraud claims increased from 1800 to 2000 too. AIG increased their bonuses total. Madoff conspirators and victims are on the rise. Palin's slaughtering more wolves from low flying helicopters. Our Pres, looking for a bigger audience, on a late night TV talk show. The stock market DOW is pushing down to under 7000 and people are holding on to cash so retail and manufacturing suffers. So, Michelle's planting a veggie garden in lush East Coast, White House soil. I'd spend more money watering a garden in the desert that I'd save from not buying veggies. A garden in AZ is easier said then done.

I've discontinued newspaper delivery, magazines, buying books, clothes, my beloved shoes...and night creams that were gonna' save me from wrinkles. News and books are on the net and I always thought and unknowingly predicted - I had enough clothes and shoes to last a life time....I'm proving it now. The wrinkles came anyway...so...

...gotta' change...perhaps a solution is to buy more things in quantity, store in portions, freeze and have less variety. I can do that! Cut out the hair dresser and go gray? That's a scary thpought...Here comes the negativity...Cut the garden guy down to once a month and worry that his family will go hungry? Cut out the house cleaning ladies for a while and lose these wonderful, hard-working mothers? Forget pest control once a month and wait until I see a bug. That's easier said than done.

This must be the "bare-bottom" I've often thought I was down to. Thinking that sometime in the future I'd make a list of things I could trade for services I have become accustomed to having is over. Making a list of things I would ordinarily buy and need to trade this coming week is a 'now" chore. So, what are the possibilities and who will be willing to trade? The dog's caring vet and the groomer that makes miracles painlessly taking out knots? Maybe they'll want a numerology reading...

...I'll make a bare-bottom list and become a bottom-feeder. That's easier said than done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment